Ken’s Guide to Septic Tanks
Qualified Services from The Picky People’s Plumber!
Whether you are in need of septic tank service, repair or general maintenance, you can count on Ken’s Plumbing to provide reliable, quality work with honest, up-front pricing.
If you are dealing with a clogged septic tank and your toilet is backing up, you cannot afford to wait. Often, homeowners fail to recognize the signs of their septic system failing and when ignored it can lead to a costly repair such as a drain field replacement.
At Ken’s Plumbing, we provide 24/7 emergency septic tank services. To schedule service, call 864-242-5511 or fill out the form on this page.
Scroll down to learn more or click a button below to jump to a specific section.
Contact a professional for your septic tank issues
The experienced technicians at Ken’s Plumbing are available 24/7, 7 days a week. Give us a call or use the form below to schedule service.
Dealing with an emergency and need help now? Call us at (864) 242-5511 right away!
1. The Causes of Septic Tank Damage
Inadequate Maintenance and/or Improper Care
Invasive Tree Roots
2. Common Signs of Septic Tank Damage
3. How to Prevent Septic Tank Damage
Septic tank damage can happen to any home at any time.
Neglecting your septic system or failure to address known issues can cause significant damage to not only your septic but your home. You could experience water damage to your flooring, walls, cabinets, furniture and more from overflowing or backed-up plumbing fixtures.
Keeping Your Septic Tank Healthy
- Pay attention to the signs of common septic tank damage we mentioned above
- Never pour oils, fats or grease into your drains
- Do not treat your toilet like a garbage disposal
- Don’t put antibacterial substances down your drain (Ex. bleach, lysol, chlorine, paints, pesticides, medications, acetone, nail polish)
- Install energy efficient appliances that conserve water usage
- Schedule regular septic tank maintenance – On average you should have your system pumped every 2-3 years
- Have a professional inspect your septic system annually
4. What to Do If You Have a Septic Tank Problem
Call Ken’s and Get Professional Help
From excavating tree roots to unclogging a tank buildup, our septic tank experts know how to fix the issue any day of the week.
We are available for our customers 24/7/364 — every day but Christmas! Call Ken’s Plumbing today at 864-242-5511 to schedule your septic repair, service, or your yearly septic tank inspection.